Tuesday, September 13, 2011

my prayer to You tonight


in a poetic mood i guess... sometimes i just feel the Lord communicates to me better through rhyme...


I’m sick of the way I’ve been treating my God
I’m disgusted by how quick I ignore Him
The one Who in glory has given His all to me
I’m so quick to put me before Him

So my prayer before You tonight, O Lord
Is that you’d strip me of my selfish ways
That you’d ruin this heart for all but You,
And keep me from going astray

Oh precious Lord, be my vision
Let not earthly matters catch my gaze
Pour out Your love in abounding measure
so I’d be drawn to you all my days.

Give me ears to hear and a humble heart
And a spirit that’s willing to obey
Keep me abiding in the Lord Jesus Christ
May You be my hope and stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment