Wednesday, March 6, 2013

His will

...As I was sitting down today with my knee wrapped in an ice cold towel, waiting for my eve "routine" of my knee therapy to be over, I pondered before the Lord... no matter if i use ice or heat, or do PT or take meds or what have you... this meniscus tear will only heal if the Lord is willing.  There's a chance I may need surgery, but at this point... it's all up to the Lord, I can only follow his commands. 

The freedom that comes with knowing the the Lord's Will will happen... is so precious. 

When I first got injured, I was so frustrated that all of the things I had worked towards to have a great year of snowboarding, and all the purchases I made, and the free season's passes I received and the different types of contacts i tried for better vision on the slopes... all got washed down the drain.  So many little frustrations...and like I mentioned before in a previous post... the Lord knew how to push my buttons.  He knew what little comforts...and what things still held me in chains.  

"The heart of a man plans his ways, but the LORD establishes his steps" -Proverbs 16:9

it's as if the Lord were asking me... will you let Me accomplish My Will in your life?  or are you going to keep fighting for your own way? 
But the Lord always knows how to pull the rug from under us, and wake us up.  ...usually by knocking us down.  
...i knew that all these little mishaps had the Lord's Name written all over it & so I sought Him out.  I waited before Him for real.  ...And I cam to realize that I hadn't really been listening to the Lord in a while.  I hadn't really been searching out His will.  And when I sought Him out...as He has always promised... 
I found Him. & I again experienced what it meant to have sweet fellowship with Him, to speak to Him as friend, even though He is my King.    
                                         ....and I tell ya.  It is better than snowboarding down crystal on a sunniest day with the fluffiest snow.  WAY better :).  It is living!  It is real!  And He is my Lord.  Where have I been?


...I saw a glimpse in the last couple days of a possible opportunity that the Lord may be giving me.  I don't know for certain yet...but it gave me a glimpse and a reminder that God is always good, and His will is ALWAYS for good.  Why do we feel like we need to figure out our own way?
He knows us.  He LOVES us. & He wants us to be near to Him.  & Why shouldn't He, when all is said & done...that is the best place for us.  

To know that His Will will work out in the end.... may we understand this in reality, and be willing to trust Him, ...by faith without doubting.  

now it is our job to pursue after this will of His with our whole heart ... to pursue after the Lord & His Kingdom & His Righteousness with our very lives.  

AND, to be in His will is to know peace, not even peace that the world would give, but HIS peace....Something I frequently forget as I try to find my own way.

May the Lord be our Help, our Ebenezer.... He is our Rock.  & His will is a stone that is eternal.  It does not waver nor disintegrate with the tides.   It is from everlasting to everlasting.  
May we walk in it without ever doubting. 

Praise be to our Lord!  He is seated on the throne! & He will bring all to completion according to His perfect will.  
my lips sing Hallelujah :).  

No comments:

Post a Comment