Friday, April 6, 2012

surprises

so today, I finally got out around the lake, and was able to get some exercise in, which hasn't happened for awhile, so I was glad to, and was excited to try out my new minimalist running shoes, which were pretty fun... but definitely increased soreness to the calves afterwards :p.

After running for a bit, I grew pretty tired and out of breath, and I walked for a bit.  the lake is always so pretty when the sun is out, and especially around sunset, so I stopped and walked a bit closer to the lake (further from the path) to stop and appreciate the beauty of some birds resting on the water, and the pretty scenery behind them.  But just as I was about to try and take a picture, this huge bird came out of no where and startled all of the birds... and myself, I wasn't quick enough with the phone to capture the moment, all I saw was the glorious white head and tail of this eagle.  He then swooped up and rested on a high branch nearby, and I could not help but follow him.  Something about the bald eagle just captured me, and brought a smile to my face... and gave me a little hope.  :)


When I started walking/running again, I pondered about this some, and I was reminded how some things in life are so unexpected... ....yet we cannot wait around for them to happen, because we may never know if or when they will.  Our position should simply be to follow the Lord, and He may bring unexpected things that may surprise us in a good way or things may come up suddenly that discourage us.  But either way, we must learn to live in the here and now, and trust that the Lord will always lead us into what is perfect, and that which will bring Him glory.  And he has promised to never leave or forsake us.  My life may change, and the unexpected may occur or not occur, but that is not for me to dwell on.  I must learn to dwell always on my Lord, and not put hope in false expectations, but put my hope in Him, for He never changes, and loves us so dearly that He gave himself up. 

thanks to a friend who reminded me of this verse after seeing this shot. 
"Even youths grow tired and weary,
   and young men stumble and fall; 

but those who hope in the LORD 

   will renew their strength. 
They will soar on wings like eagles; 
   they will run and not grow weary, 
   they will walk and not be faint."
-Isaiah 40:30-31


No comments:

Post a Comment